1. Ardal O’Hanlon visited the Theatre in 2007 as part of his stand up tour, Blessed.
2. Christopher Biggins and Lesley Joseph visited the theatre in 2021 for a special event when the theatre reopened after lockdown.
3. Dame Janet Suzman hosted one of the theatre’s An Evening With… events in 2018, chatting to Libby Purves.
4. Dame Judi Dench returned to the stage of the Theatre Royal in May 2022 for a fundraising evening for the theatre ,her second appearance on the Regency Stage.
5. Sir Derick Jacobi originally performed at Theatre Royal in the 1970’s and became a key supporter of the theatre’s restoration between 2005-2007. More recently Sir Derek visited Theatre Royal for two fundraising evenings.
Photo: Robert Wilson
6. Dev Patel filmed on Theatre Royal’s stage for the film The Personal History of David Copperfield which also used other locations in Bury St Edmunds.
7. Dylan Moran toured his stand-up show We Got This in 2022.
8. Gyles Brandreth appeared at Theatre Royal in 2018 for An Evening With… in aid of the Theatre.
9. Jenny Éclair visited the theatre as part of her Sixty! (FFS) tour or the UK and Ireland.
10. Joanna Lumley come to Theatre Royal in 2012 for a special VIP reception.
Photo: Dean Rogers, courtesy of Lionsgate UK
11. John Simpson, BBC World Affairs Editor, came to Theatre Royal for a special event, talking about his career and experiences in 2013.
12. Julian Clary visited Theatre Royal as part of his stand-up tour Born To Mince in 2019.
13. Kiki Dee performed a number of her songs with her partner, Camelo Luggeri, in 2018.
14. Lesley Garrett spent an evening at Theatre Royal in 2016 talking about her career and giving snippets of music throughout.
15. Maureen Lipmann was part of a special event for Theatre Royal in 2017: An Evening With…
16. Michael McIntyre performed at Theatre Royal in 2021 after the Theatre re-opened after lockdown. Its’ safe to say his performance went down a storm.
To find out what's on at Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds visit https://theatreroyal.org/whats-on/upcoming/
Discover The Abbey Gardens…
This stunning park in the heart of Bury St Edmunds is…
Enjoy the Free Abbey 1000…
Some of the most famous historical names associated…
The Queen's Visits to Bury St…
Her Majesty The Queen has visited Bury St Edmunds…
Celebrate St Edmund's Day on…
St Edmund's Day is celebrated around the world every…
M R James and the Abbey of St…
M R James is best known for his ghost stories, but did…
Take Your Dog to the Cinema in Dog Friendly Bury St Edmunds
Well-behaved dogs can now join you for a movie at special screenings at Abbeygate Cinema!
Lavenham Literary Festival Is Back
To celebrate 1000 years since the founding of King Edmund’s monastery in Bury St Edmunds, Simon Edge author of the hilarious Anyone for Edmund? will be one of the guest authors!
New cycle hire offer at Ickworth
A new cycle hire offer at Ickworth allows visitors to easily explore the 1,800 acre estate on two wheels.
Abraham Lincoln Helps Bury St Edmunds Celebrate Independents Week!
Shoppers in Bury St Edmunds may have to look twice if they see ‘Abraham Lincoln’ in the town centre on July 4.
Father's Day Gift Guide
This Father's Day, treat your Dad to a unique gift or delicious takeaway or a taste from Bury St Edmunds & Beyond...
Discover The Abbey Gardens Bury St Edmunds
This stunning park in the heart of Bury St Edmunds is steeped in history and stories and is the perfect place to watch the world go by ...
Flower Exhibition reflects 1000 years of Abbey
St Edmundsbury Cathedral will be home to an exhibition this summer, celebrating 1000 years of the Abbey at Bury St Edmunds in flowers.
Enjoy the Free Abbey 1000 Heritage Trail!
Some of the most famous historical names associated with Bury St Edmunds form the basis of a new trail helping participants discover the town’s heritage this summer.
Dog-Friendly Cafes, Pubs and Restaurants In and Around Bury St Edmunds
With dog-friendly cafes and restaurants you can enjoy Suffolk's foodie town and still bring your four-legged friend!