About this Business
St Edmund's Parish is one of the most historical Catholic parishes in East Anglia with the tradition going back to the time when Catholics had to gather in secret.
Indeed the original chapel on the site in Westgate Street was and remains hidden behind the large Georgian presbytery dating from 1760.
Only in 1791 was it officially licensed for Catholic worship by those in authority.
Today, with its home in the later, imposing and recently restored classical church of 1837, the Parish, which extends outside the limits of the town and includes chapels at Lawshall and Gt Barton, is a thriving community of 900 or so people.
For Mass times visit the website above.