Telephone
01284 754358

Address
21 Westgate Street , Bury St Edmunds IP33 1QG, UK

About St Edmund's Catholic Church

St Edmund's Parish is one of the most historical Catholic parishes in East Anglia with the tradition going back to the time when Catholics had to gather in secret. 

Indeed the original chapel on the site in Westgate Street was and remains hidden behind the large Georgian presbytery dating from 1760. 

Only in 1791 was it officially licensed for Catholic worship by those in authority. 

Today, with its home in the later, imposing and recently restored classical church of 1837, the Parish, which extends outside the limits of the town and includes chapels at Lawshall and Gt Barton, is a thriving community of 900 or so people.

For Mass times visit the website above.

Related blog posts

Eat Around the World in Suffolk's Foodie Town

Take a gastronomic trip around the world and dine at these restaurants in Bury St...

READ MORE

Top Music Tributes are Coming to Bury St Edmunds

Some of the UK's top tribute bands are coming to Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds...

READ MORE

By Night: Perspectives of Poaching at Moyse’s Hall Museum

A new exhibition exploring the illicit world of the poacher will be held at Moyse’s...

READ MORE

Directory Listings